Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Countdown to HOME

So I officially feel like I am on the countdown to being back in California. By this time next year David and I will be packing up this giant house and hitting the road for HOME. My tenants have agreed to sign the lease for another year, so that is good news for me. Don't have to worry about finding new tenants. Plus with school, I feel like the time is going to go by really quickly. David will be home part way through my next semester, and things are just going to get easier. I hope.

4 more months until my husband is home from this stupid deployment. Things are on track with our savings, and once he is done with his contract with the Army in January 2012 he get's to take February-June off of work and stay home with our daughter. It will be a nice break for him. I've got to put enough into savings so that we can buy a commuter car for David when he gets home (can't drive in the winter on a bike!), live with no income for 6 months, move back to CA, and whatever else comes our way. When all is said and done it's a lot of money. The only good news is that it'll be spring and we wont have to pay too much for heating.

Pregnancy did not happen for us over R & R. SO- we have to do our best to not get pregnant for a few months when he get's back. I've got to think about the timing of it all. If we get pregnant right away then I'll be due in June/July. Which would be awful with no health insurance and I really don't want to drive across the country with 3 dogs, a cat, a 1 and a half year old and a new born. So if we wait to "try" until the spring, then I'll only be a few months pregnant when we move home. That wont be so bad. Plus when I'm interviewing for jobs I wont be busting at the seams and will hopefully get hired more easily.

I think we're just going to head back to CA the second half of June. Then I can fly back to NY to take my boards. I don't know how quickly I'll be able to take the test. I can apply early May, and I'll apply for "first available"- which could be anywhere in the state. So if we move home, then I'll just fly back out to NY and take my state exam. Then I'll transfer it to CA (I think this is going to be easier than trying to take it in CA, but I'll have to look into it further).

I can't believe I'm going to be a nurse. I should have done this 10 years ago. Maybe I should keep going and get my Master in Public Health. Hrm. We'll see. I guess I should let David go to college for a while. ;)

That's what's going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment