Monday, April 19, 2010

Why don't men listen?

So I had no plan for dinner last night... well, kind of. My plan was that we'd go out for dinner. But as I cleaned all day and was TIRED, I didn't want to go all the way into town (30 minutes)... BUT there is this little diner near us that we've been meaning to try, so I thought that would do.

But after the boys were out gallivanting all day (and scavengering through people's curbside trash I later learned!) they informed me on their way home that the diner was closed.

I hate this place. NOTHING is open on weekends. It's absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention frustrating.

So David suggests we head over to Theresa, the town next to ours to see if they have a diner. I tell him, and listen, because this is the important part of the story, "Go look up something on the internet, I don't want to drive around aimlessly forever looking for a diner or something that's open."

So he runs upstairs, comes back down 2 minutes later, and says, "ok, found something" and we head out.

Side story: our GPS sucks. Unless you have an actual address of where you are going it is totally useless. Even then it tends to lead us a stray. So here is David using the "points of interest" section of our GPS. Which is basically a tool to list all restaurants near 'current position' or 'near town'. Had I known this was his plan I would have smacked him in the forehead.

The GPS takes us to a bowling alley. There is no "Perry's Diner". I refuse to eat at McGinney's Pub (David is trying to lose weight, bar food is not on the agenda).

So here we are in Theresa, driving around aimlessly. "Let's try this way" (er- down this residential street? What, are we going to knock on someone's door and ask to join them for dinner?).

I become increasing more angry with each street we drive down. "Let's go home", I say.

So my question is, why don't they listen? What part of "I don't want to drive around aimlessly" didn't he get?

Really this is my fault for not giving more detailed directions. When I said go upstairs and Google some restaurants, I also should have said 'and call them to see if they are open- or look for a web page with business hours'.

*sigh*

Sometimes I am a control freak for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment