Monday, August 9, 2010

Love and stuff

So my husband bought me the wedding band that matches my "engagement ring" for our anniversary. I stumbled across the little black box weeks ago while in California, but diligently did not peek. Instead handed it to my husband and waited patiently (or not so patiently) for him to find the right moment to give it to me. More about that in a moment.

We spent the weekend in Syracuse to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. A month and a half late, and not the Niagara Falls trip I had hoped it would be, but better than nothing at all.

Friday we spent the afternoon buying David his new Dual Sport Kawasaki Motorcycle. This will be his new commuter vehicle for when we move to Canton, and will a) save us a lot of money and b) allow me to have a vehicle to get to school. He's happy with it, and that makes me happy.

Saturday we bought the car seat from Babies R Us- who refused to give us the 10% discount we were owed as it was an item that remained on our registry- as we didn't have the coupon. Whatever. Bastards.

Now I feel like we are really ready for this baby. Ok, well, once we move and I get to unpack everything, then I will feel ready for this baby.

After baby shopping we had massages and then headed back up to home.

I'm slowly working my way through packing this house up. I do a little bit every day and try not to wear myself out. It's getting more and more difficult to do things. Particularly move around. LOL. Laney is getting BIG in my belly. My belly however doesn't seem to be growing much, so things seem "tight" in there. SIGH. What can ya do. 6 weeks to go. Can't wait to meet this little one.

Sunday David decided to take me on a picnic. I knew right away that he was planning to give me that little black box (and let's face it, if he didn't I most likely would have cried and felt under appreciated given all the planning and gifts that I gave to him to try and make our anniversary special). I suggested we go fishing as well. New York is not the best for fishing. We found a lake near where we live, but without a boat fishing is impossible as the lake shores are all marsh. So we found another lake. Same problem. So we tried the river. Sat there for about 20 minutes, caught a few weeds, and then gave up. I suggested we go back to the house and fish from the creek that is near there, as there is a nice fishing platform, and no marsh and no weeds. We fished for a few minutes (fishing is so boring). I caught a tree (opposite shore- oops, I'm stronger than I thought I was). David gave me my little black box and apologized for the setting not being as romantic as he had hoped.

I love these moments. Getting to be with him, and doing nothing at all. I'm a lucky woman.

So on that note, things are well. We move on Saturday. Our current apartment manager is being a jerk about us breaking the lease. We need official deployment orders in order to get out of this lease (which we don't have yet). And if we don't get those by August 31, we are responsible for rent for September-November (unless someone else rents the place). Needless to say we can't afford that, and I'm really not happy about it. David is working on a temporary fix by getting a signed letter from his commander, but at the end of the month we really need those official orders. Everybody's out to make a buck.

The new landlord is letting me paint over some of the wallpaper, and I've already done our new master bedroom. It looks 100x better than it did, and once the new carpet goes in this week it will be even better!
When they come to install carpet this week, I'll paint Delaney's room while I'm there waiting. We decided to go with a sky blue color, as the walls have some oak paneling and the floor is oak and I thought yellow would just be too much. I can't wait to get that done and get all of her furniture and bedding and decorations put together!

School starts in 2 weeks. I was starting to get nervous, but now that mandatory orientation is over, I'm not really that nervous anymore. I still need to get my books, and get cleared (physically) for clinical. But all of that is in the works.

Until next time! Here is David on his new bike!

1 comment: