Monday, March 1, 2010

Love

What is it with Nicholas Sparks? I mean jeez... I just need to stop watching those movies all together! First the Notebook, now Nights in Rodanthe. Don't watch if you don't want to cry!

But I did walk away from Nights with one great line lingering in my head. A line that is inspiring me. "I love Jack because he is your father. But there is a different kind of love. A love that makes you want to be the best version of yourself and not the worst. Hold out for that kind of love."

I love my husband more than I can explain. But lately I have been being the worst version of myself. And not because of him. He has been nothing but wonderful to me. So no more of this crappy version of Alice. Time to make the most of the life that I have here. Time to be the best version of myself. Time to let the love that I have with my husband blossom and grow and flourish!

Hrm, now how to make that happen? lol.

But really, that sappy love movie just made me realize that life ain't so bad, and I need to make the time that I have here with my husband (before he goes to Afghanistan) the best that it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment